I have seen these around a lot, and thought, ‘Why Not?!’ So here we are! I really enjoyed both of these books, and if you are as much of a hopeless romantic like me, so will you!
The first book, or trilogy, is The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han. Which I’m sure you have heard of before. This book is a great summer read, and has gained a lot of popularity. It’s about a girl, who goes to a beach house every summer with her mom, brother, her moms best friend, and her two boys. Of course the main character falls in love with one of the boys!
The next book is not so popular, and is only a duloagy (for now anyways). 99 Days by Katie Cotugno. I absolutely adored this book, again hopeless romantic! This book is about a girl who is stuck in the middle of a love triangle between two brothers.
What they have in common:
- Romance– Young, dumb, teen romance that I absolutely live for!
- Love Triangles– Usually I am not a huge fan of this type of thing. But these books pulled it off! Both of the main characters struggle with their feels between two boys.
- Brother- Not are these love triangles just between a girl and two boys. Nope. They are brothers. Cue drama!
- Drama- I feel this is obvious, it’s stories about love triangles, and brothers, and they are all teens and young adults. How could there not be any drama?
- Summer- Both of these take place in the summer, and are great summer reads. Or for the dead of winter when you are craving some summer!
These books have a lot in common, but still have their own individual uniqueness. Equally, both are funny, sweet, dramatic and will have you swooning and crying at the same time!
I am sure that if you loved one of these, you will LOVE the other!